Friday 25 February 2011

I've found my passion - have you?

Have you found your passion? I think I have at last but I've had a bumpy journey. So this post by Scoutie Girl really resonated with me.

I wholeheartedly agree with her statement that you have to experiment to find your passion. I certainly have - a glance through my blog archives shows all the things I've tried...

- I've had two etsy shops - and started two others I never told you about
- I tried illustration
- and printing
- I tried crafting every day for a year
- and a photo a week
- I gave scrapbooking a go
- and sketching.

I'm sure there are even more things I've tried. I've discovered over that time that there are two things I'm really passionate about:

- being creative - it doesn't matter what I'm making as long as I am
- and writing.

I've been lucky enough to not only write here (even with the occasional wobble) and 52 crafts in 52 weeks but also for UK Handmade. Plus I guest posted for whipup.net and I'll be guest-blogging elsewhere very soon (will let you know more shortly). And in my day-job I'm never happier than when I'm writing.

So as long as I can keep combining my passions I think I'll be a very happy Christine.

So, I'll ask again, have you found your passion?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm still trying to find mine...but I think I know what it is! Your blog is such an inspiration for me - I have been trying all these different crafts, illustration etc to try to find what I love best. I'm just not as disciplined to try a different thing each week!

Jules said...

I think my passion is food and the creativity I gain from it. Nothing pleases me most being in the kitchen and playing with a recipe to make it work and look pretty. I am toying with setting up an Etsy shop (to feel my non-food crafty side), but can't quite decide what to sell yet.

Christine said...

Thank you Miss Maggie - you made my day. I'm so happy that my blog inspires you. I'm sure you'll find your passion. x

Jules - your passion for food is clear, I love your blog. Let me know if you need any etsy advice. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails