Thursday 3 February 2011

Walking on the mooon

One of my challenges for the year is to complete the Edinburgh MoonWalk in under 8 hours.

The MoonWalk is a 26.2 walk that starts at midnight- oh, and as if that wasn't enough, participants wear decorated bras as they walk to raise money for breast cancer charities.

IMG_0371
London May 2007
Regular and long-time readers will know I've taken part in the London event twice and I even organised a decorate your bra contest in honour of the event. But this year will be my biggest challenge yet as not only is it in Edinburgh (I suspect it might have a few hills - if you have any experience of Edinburgh and can allay this fear please do) but I also had surgery on my back last year so I have quite a fitness hurdle to overcome.

think pink
via Flickr

I'm very excited about the theme for the event though - Moulin Rouge. I predict a lot of feathers and sequins will go into my outfit for the night and much fun will be had with my trusty glue gun.

In the meantime I've got a tough training schedule to follow that will see me working up to a 20-mile walk two weeks before the big night. I'll keep you posted on my progress. Is anyone else taking part?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails