Sunday 13 February 2011

{recipe} lentil salad with roasted vegetables and feta cheese

I recently mentioned my love of lentils. If you're not convinced, try this delicious salad that I made this evening for dinner (photos via instagram on the iphone).

Adapted from Cook Yourself Thin: The Delicious Way to Drop a dress Size
Serves 2

{ingredients}
- about 250g of mixed vegetables such as aubergine, courgette, peppers and tomatoes (I didn't weigh mine by the way, just chucked it all in)
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper (to taste, I didn't use either)
- 200g puy lentils
- 300ml of chicken or veggie stock
- 50g of feta cheese (as it was all I had left but you could use more. The original recipe calls for goats cheese)

{this is how you cook it}
- Preheat your oven to 200ÂșC.
- Chop up all your yummy veggies and chuck into a roasting dish. Mix with one teaspoon of oil and one of the vinegar.

- Roast the veg for 15 mins or so.
- Meanwhile rinse and drain your lentils (they don't look very appetising I know) and put in a pan with the stock.
- Bring to the boil and leave to boil for about 20 mins or until all the stock has been absorbed.
- Put the lentils and your cooked vegetables along with the rest of the vinegar and oil in a mixing bowl.


- Give it all a stir and leave to cool. If you've got any herbs like basil you could add that too - plus any seasoning.
- Once it's cool, crumble in the feta. I also chucked on some pumpkin seeds as I like a bit of crunch with my salad.
- Enjoy! And pack up the other half for lunch tomorrow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails