Wednesday 26 January 2011

Book corner

I always have at least one book on the go so I thought that each week I'd talk a little about what I'm reading - and maybe you'd like to tell me what you're reading and enjoying too?


I'm reading Sister by Rosamund Lupton. I'm not very far through yet but I'm already engrossed - it's written in the style of a letter from the main character, Beatrice, to her sister as she tries to find out what happened to her.  It's full of tension and mystery and the style of writing literally makes you want to turn to the next page and the next... The narrative switches from the present to the past which draws you in - you know snippets of the present but not enough to know the answers to the underlying mystery. I don't know how it's going to end but I'm looking forward to turning more pages and finding out.

Have you read Sister? What did you think of it? (Don't spoil the ending or I'll cry!) What are you reading?

3 comments:

Kate said...

That sounds like a great book. I'm reading the first book of a trilolgy called Silk. It's a just one more chapter books and I'm saving part 2&3 for honeymoon

Christine said...

You can borrow it when I've finished if you like? x

Karen Lewis Textiles said...

I've just finished it...let's talk when you're done!Before that I read American Wife which can highly recommend. Seems like I've come to the end of my "to read" pile now...those that I'm in the mood for at the mo anyway, so could do with another good reco!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails