Monday 7 July 2008

A fresh start

As you may have seen in my earlier post (don't forget to enter the competition), I have a fresh new shop waiting in the wings.

I am going to try and blog every day describing the progress of the new shop and maybe sharing some hints and tips about opening a shop on etsy along the way (as I've done it once before so maybe I've learnt from that!)

For me, the start was a doodle several months ago in my sketchbook of some paisley designs that I then scanned and played with in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. I could've just added new cards to my current shop with this new design but I'd been feeling that pinkangel wasn't really the name or feel that I wanted any more. So the time seemed right for a new shop. Paper and Cloth is a name I've been using for a while (this blog and the domain name) so I decided to open the etsy shop too.

Next came some thoughts about branding. I knew I wanted to use my new paisley design and bright colours so after playing around in Photoshop for a while, I came up with the new look. Branding isn't just about a pretty banner and avatar though and I'll talk more about my brand in the next instalment!

2 comments:

Karen Jinks said...

ooh a fresh new start, very exciting - good luck!

Rosebud Collection said...

Lots of luck with your new beginning..
Good year for New Beginnings..new starts..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails