Tuesday 14 June 2011

A year of achievements

Guess what? I've completed my 52 crafts in 52 weeks project - I can’t quite believe it. I came up with the idea whilst recovering from back surgery last June and I’m so proud to have completed a craft a week for a whole magnificent year.


 Another crazy idea I had a year ago was to take part in the Edinburgh Moonwalk. So I’m writing this post whilst resting my incredibly sore feet. I walked 26.2 miles through the night for breast cancer and completed it in a very respectable 7 hours. Something else to be proud of I think. I hope all this pride doesn’t result in a fall. As I can hardly walk that’s very possible.


Important crafting note: I decorated my bra with fabulous sequin fabric and tassels. The theme was Moulin Rouge so I totally had to add feathers to my hat too. Where would we crafters be without glue guns?

What has made you proud lately?

3 comments:

Phiona said...

Congratulations. It's been great to follow your progress on twitter.

Anonymous said...

How a year has flown! What has been your favourite and least favourite craft? Congratulations on completing both the moonwalk an 52 week craft project.

Christine said...

Thank you Greenby - I'm really excited that I've finished but watch this space for year 2 details

Jules - I think my fave was probably the machine embroidery as it's so versatile and easy to do. Mr Bunny was pretty special too. And my least fave was needle felting - maybe I'll give it another chance in year 2 though :) x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails