Saturday 9 April 2011

Decorate by Holly Becker reviewed

If, like me, you feel you need a little help and advice to get your home just how you want it to be, who better than decor8's Holly Becker to guide you? Her blog is the one I go to first when catching up on my internet reading so as soon as I heard she was writing a book I couldn't wait to place the Amazon order.

Decorate


I certainly wasn't disappointed. It's so so much more than a pretty book to lay on your coffee table. It is literally crammed with inspiring homes and I love the little anecdotes and wise words from designers, stylists and writers spread throughout the book. Here is one that particularly resonated with me: "The true beauty of a room can be found in its details. Layering up a room with the items you love elevates your space."

My favourite section of the book is 'Setting your style'. I think it's too easy to lose sight of what your own style is when you're bombarded by magazines, blogs and websites from all directions so this is the chapter I'll be studying the most. The 'be your own client' advice is particularly useful.

I will also be playing close attention to 'Creative spaces' as my study desperately needs some help. It's also our spare room so it needs to work twice as hard. So I can't wait to get started on the re-design with Decorate as my guide.

If you love design, your home and want a sneaky peek into beautiful abodes from all over the world, pick up a copy of Decorate and be inspired.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails