Friday 15 October 2010

Dubai - a city of sun & shopping

I've been to Dubai before - that time it rained the whole trip and I was struggling with sciatica so it wasn't the best experience. So when the opportunity came up to go again I decided to give it another try. I'm so glad I did as this time I loved it.

I loved the sun.

Me, sunbathing

The sights.

Dubai by night

The shopping.

Bloomingdales in Dubai Mall

There was one shop I particularly loved - Kinokuniya Dubai is the biggest bookshop in UAE and contains more than half a million books. Book heaven! It's a Japanese-owned shop so as well as all the usual books you'd expect they have a section I know you'd all love: Japanese craft books! You have no idea how excited I was to find this gem. I somehow only bought two books but look at them all:

Japanese craft books

Japanese craft books

Sigh. I wish could go back again.


I'll write more about the two books I bought soon - maybe "making a dress from a Japanese craft book" could be a future 52 crafts project?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails