Tuesday 8 July 2008

All about the brand

Before I start, I'm not an expert on branding but I have picked up a few bits in my day job and in the last few years that I've been on etsy.

A brand is more than a logo and a colour scheme. It's covers everything from your products to the way you deal with customers.

My product line has a strong, bright colour scheme backed up with simple illustrations. This is because I chose these words to represent what I want my business to look like:
  • Fun
  • Colourful
  • Energetic
  • Simple
Fun, Colourful & Energetic are hopefully obvious and I think the colour scheme and look reflects that.

I chose Simple as this is the style of illustration I like. It also represents how I plan to do business- Simple to contact, Simple pricing, Simply great products!

I know that sounds a bit cheesy but it's the beauty of a small business- we should all be able to keep things simple for our customers as we don't have 10 departments. We are marketing, sales, customer service and CEO all in one package.

My last point on brand is that it should be recognisable which is why I've tied together the banner, avatar, products and product photos with a unified look. Did you see I've listed my first product- take a look!

Don't forget my competition, I will be announcing the prize on my next post.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails